Monday, February 23, 2015

I love Chicken wire!


I have always loved the look of chicken wire and I try and use it in the pieces we build whenever I can.  Not only does it look nice but it has proven to be a pretty functional material as well.  For instance when I was looking at the pictures of our bedroom reveal post (which you can find here-- Bedroom reveal day) I didn't like the way the TV shelf looked.  I think it was the out in the open components that were bugging me.  I asked Bill if there was anyway to hide them so he built this little 3- sided box with a chicken wire front to fit over them.     




The chicken wire doesn't interfere with the use of the remotes.     





It does make it look less cluttered and I bet its going to be a lot easier to dust too.







Remember our jelly cabinet from this post  Chicken wire and Ceiling tiles ?   I love it.     














When we built our entertainment cabinet I chose chicken wire over glass doors not only because I love the way it looks but in my house glass doors equal daily Windexing.          

  












  






















Here's one of our custom order pieces.      













The red over black finish looks so rich.  It's a pretty popular color choice.  



We are working on this one now.  It will have a distressed white finish.  I'll be sure to post pics when it's finished.  




  



I love these little cupboards.  
They are so versatile.   
You can hang them or sit 
them on a table or counter top and fill them with anything!  






























If my house was bigger I would have them all over the place.


I tied a twig wreath on a cabinet door and hung it on the wall.  Instant wall decor!  

















I'm always looking for new ways to use chicken wire and I see this idea on Pinterest a lot.  This would look adorable hanging in an office, don't you think?   






Here's another idea I found on Pinterest.  I think it would make a great umbrella stand. Don't be surprised if you see something like it in one of my future posts!  



Thanks for stopping by!

Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Donna Pennie's profile on Pinterest.